South Road Superway
|South Road Superway||Department of Planning, Transport + Infrastructure (SA) Urban Superway Alliance||Transport + Infrastructure||2015||South Australia|
|Builder||Principal Consultant||Services Consultant||Quantity Surveyor||Photographer|
|Urban Subway Joint Venture (John Holland Pty Ltd, Macmahon Contractors Pty Ltd, and Leed Engineering and Construction Pty Ltd.)||GHD||TYCO||EDC (Electronic Signage image)+ Government of South Australia 2011 (all other images)|
|Project Value : $842 million|
Located in Adelaide, the South Road Superway project is a 4.8 km non-stop corridor, including a 2.8 km elevated roadway, from the Port River Expressway to Regency Road.
At the time, this was the biggest single investment in a South Australian road project by the State Government, and one of the most complex engineering road constructions in the state. This vital infrastructure project has been essential in linking the ever expanding industrial and residential areas in the north and south of Adelaide.
EDC were engaged by the international company TYCO for the installation of the ITS package on the South Road Superway Upgrade. This package included all cable hauling, fibre design/splice and commission, installation of road side cabinets, Variable message signs, traffic cameras, speed limit variable signs, gantry signs and full DC switchboard and control systems.
EDC’s project scope included;
- Installation Termination and Testing of more than 100,000 meters of Fibre Optic, Electrical and Communications cable
- Installation of Backbone Fibre Optic Cabling including Splicing and Testing
- Installation of Inter Rack Fibre Optic Cabling throughout the Data Centre
- Installation of Fibre Optic Drop Cables to ITS Devices
- Installation of Electrical Services to each device
- Installation of Coax Cabling to Devices
- Installation of Beldon CAT n6 UTP
- Installation and Termination of DPTI Road Side Control Cabinets
- Installation and termination of VIDS (Video Incident Detection Cameras)
- Installation and Termination of TIRTLS (The Infra-Red Traffic loggers)
- Installation and Termination of LUMS (Lane Usage Management System)
- Installation and Termination of Changeable Message Signs
- Installation and Termination of Variable Message Signs
Video Powered By : SA Government