Power Generation + UPS
EDC have been involved in multiple power generation projects. Many of them involve high-risk environments that rely on the reliability of our product. EDC will be able to design and construct a fit for purpose Prime Power or Stand-By Power generating system for any application. We undertake extensive load studies and planning of the customers’ needs to ensure the unit will function in an emergency. Some of our projects include;
- 4 MW of Gas Turbine Generation with standby Battery Back Up
- 2 MW of Paralleled Standby power generation for SA Health
- 1 MW Data Centre Synchronised Power Generation
- 2 x 1 MW Power Generation Plants consisting of 3 x 350Kva Caterpillar Generators synchronised to allow prompt stand-by power. Once the base load has stabilised the system will automatically remove any spare generation and save on fuel and running costs.
- 500Kva Stand-By Power Generator to Port Augusta Hospital
- 250Kva Stand-By Power Generator to Side Wood Winery
- 100Kva Stand By-Power Generator to Port Elliot Hotel
- Installation of refurbished generating sets for SA Health into regional hospitals.
EDC have been installing and maintaining a variety of Uninterruptable Power Supplies for over 20 years, we have experienced staff that currently maintain all the UPS units for Woolworths, Dan Murphy’s, BIG W, the SA Government and a variety of other clients across South Australia. EDC carry a large stock of spare parts, batteries and power modules to suit most models. We have experienced staff on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week to attend to UPS break downs and maintenance.
Since the early days of communications cabling, EDC has been at the forefront of the industry. For this reason, Communications and Structured Cabling is still a core business activity for EDC. Our skills, ongoing training and reliability has resulted in EDC being endorsed by all the major manufacturers as trusted installers of their products. EDC’s strict training regime for all our installers ensures we conduct this type of work to the highest standards.
No project is too big or too small with EDC happy to undertake work from a single communication outlet to projects up to 10,000 outlets. These projects include the University of South Australia’s Health Innovation Building and the Adelaide Universities’ Braggs Building to name two high-profile South Australian projects. EDC own and operate the latest Fluke Network Test Equipment DSX 8000 for the testing of your new network.